Red Star Transportation Is Hiring!
We are looking for professional drivers to fill routing contracts and field trips (10-35 hours/week). Don’t know the first thing about school buses let alone how to drive them? That’s fine, we will train you! We are a rapidly growing company where you can potentially make a big difference not only in our company but in the lives of our community’s children.
Driving school buses has a lot to offer. For example, many of our drivers cite the following benefits as reasons why they like driving:
- Meet a variety of new people
- Opportunities to travel and see lots of new and exciting things, places and events around Utah
- A semi-flexible work schedule that can fit a lot of schedules (i.e. student, retiree, stay-at-home parent, self-employed, etc.)
- Have a positive service impact on children, families and everyone in our communities
- Quickly awarded performance-based pay increases
- Extra perks, sometimes, including free entrance into sites of interest, free meals, etc.
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Carry a valid Utah commercial drivers license with passenger and school bus endorsements (Will Train)
- Be able to pass a DOT physical exam
- Participate in a pre-employment drug test with a negative result
- No criminal record
It’s a plus (but not necessary) if you already have the following:
- Carry a valid DOT physical exam card
- A DMV and BCI report dated within 15 days prior to your application submission date.
- A clean driving record
- Punctuality and reliability are a top priority
- Interact in a professional and friendly manner with kids and customers as well as coworkers
- Work well in a team setting
- Efficient and clear communicator
- Follow job requirements, protocols and best practices precisely
- Adaptability and a willingness to improve on the skills and talents already developed
- Pre-trip and post-trip bus inspections
- Filling out neat and legible Driving Reports
- Maintain good behavior and safety of children riding the bus
3 Easy Ways to Apply
- Call our office today to set an appointment. 801-685-8560
- Fill out our Short-Form Driver Application and submit. We’ll call to follow-up.
- Download a copy of our long-form application. Fill it out. You can either bring it to your appointment or you can email it back to us at email@example.com.